Monday, September 6, 2010

Avacado and Corn Salsa


2 ears of fresh corn,
1 tomato
1/4 red onion
3 avacados
juice of 2 limes
2-3 Tbsp fresh cilantro
salt and pepper to taste

Shuck the corn and cut the (uncooked) kernels off the cob. Dice tomato, red onion, and avacados. The orginal recipe called for 2 avacado, but lets be honest, I'm here for the avacado. I put three avacados in my salsa. The original recipe also called for 1 red jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced. But I started choking and gasping as soon as I sliced into the pepper. So I tossed it and skipped that step. Gently combine all ingredients in a bowl along with lime juice and cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy.

*Sometimes you make up the salsa before the party. To really bring out the flavor, save a lime. Squeeze the lime juice into the salsa and stir just before serving.

1 comment: