Monday, August 8, 2011

Greek Salad


1/2 cucumber, quartered long the way and sliced thickly
1/2 tomato, chucked
8-10 olives
red onion, thinly sliced
feta cheese
Basil Parmesan Vinegarette (It's a Kraft dressing make with Extra Virgin Olive Oil)

This is a recipe that I make for myself when the kids want something like Mac and Cheese for dinner. I hate mac and cheese, but I don't want to deny them this American childhood rite of passage. The amounts of the above ingredients are approximate. I don't usually measure them out, but for this blog I counted so you'd have an idea of the ratio of vegetables. Feel free to use more or less depending on your preference. The ingredients above are for one serving.

Quarter the cucumber the long way and slice the cucumber into thick slices. I usually quarter the tomato too and chuck it. The other halves I put in the fridge for the next day. Open a can of whole olives. I use the small, but it doesn't make any difference. Toss 8-10 olives into the salad. Thinly cut one or two slices of red onion. Now cut the slices in to quarters. Toss in the salad. Sprinkle salad with feta cheese. Drizzle some Basil Parmesan Vinegarette on the salad. I think Kraft also makes a Greek Salad dressing, but they don't carry it at my grocery store. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment