Monday, May 3, 2010

Citrus Chicken

When I was in Basic Training, I loved to listen my battle buddy talk about food. She had been a professional chef before enlisting and she talked about food the way other women talk about a lover. Last night I was talking to my sister, describing this recipe and I realized that I was starting to sound a lot like my battle buddy. So let me just say, "Rebekah, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

I really like this recipe because it is very simple. It has a simple flavor that isn't over whelming. It's a really healthy recipe without any heavy, gooey sauce that blows your calorie count for the day. Here's what you need:

1 orange
1 lemon
1 lime
3 or 4 chicken breasts
Pam cooking spray

Spray a casserole dish with Pam. Zest the outside of the orange, lemon, and lime. You only need a teaspoon or two of the zest. Slice up half of the orange, lemon, and lime and lay the slices in the bottom of your dish. Lay your chicken breasts on the citrus slices. Sprinkle your zest on top of your chicken then squeeze the left over lemon, lime, and orange over your chicken. Last night, my youngest called dibs on the left over orange so I only squeezed lemon and lime juice on the chicken. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment