Saturday, October 29, 2011

Homemade Mac and Cheese



I've made my displeasure for blue box Mac and Cheese known on many occasions. I hate that stuff. I suppose I'd eat it if I was stranded in a desert and was trying to make it home to my husband and kids, but I would complain and gag the whole time. That being said, I do enjoy homemade Mac and Cheese...the kind you make with real cheese...not powder!! This is a pretty good recipe for Mac and Cheese. The kids love it, too.

1 package (8 oz) elbow macaroni
1/4c butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4c flour
2c milk
8 oz Swiss Cheese

Cook the macaroni as directed on package. In a frying pan, saute onion in butter. Add salt and pepper. Stir in flour and cook over low heat. Stir in milk. Cube cheese and stir into mixture. In a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, mil the macaroni and cheese sauce. Bake at 375˚F for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment